Lead Packer – 3rd Shift
Places finished goods into appropriate shipper. Performs quality checks on all items packed. Responsible for “Stop and fix” of bad quality at the end of the line.
• Pack finished product in the appropriate shipper.
• Verify codes are correct and legible on all products packed.
• Perform quality inspections of in process materials and finished goods. Rejects substandard quality.
• Perform machine set-ups and changeovers for equipment. Must be able to perform these tasks within 90 days of placement.
• Perform re-work to eliminate waste of materials. Identify root cause for defects.
• Relieve team members for breaks and lunches.
• Perform basic maintenance on equipment such as minor adjustments.
• Maintain clean and safe work area.
• Supervise and train other Packers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
How to know if this opportunity is for you
leading or teaching others, routines or knowing the rules, making decisions
18 years or older
have a valid driver's license, be able to pass a background check, be willing to participate in a Drug Free Workplace including passing testing
You have experience
Qualifications/Certifications: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent. 3 months – 12 months experience preferred.
Problem Solving/Decision Examples: Problem solving includes performing correct machine set ups and changeovers, resolving quality issues by adjusting machines or contacting maintenance for repairs. Packers are the final inspectors on the line before the product is shipped. They have the authorization to reject materials and finished goods that do not meet the established quality standards. Skills/Knowledge: The ability to read, write, and perform basic math. Use of some judgment to comply with instructions and prescribed routines. Understanding of the flow of materials and operation of machines. The ability to meet quality standards, follow safety rules, follow company policies and procedures and the ability to work in a team environment. Must read and speak English. Effort– Physical: Walking, standing, climbing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, seeing, hearing, smelling, and talking are necessary for this position. Continuously lifting or moving very light weight material. Hand-eye coordination and exceptional manual dexterity are necessary for the position. Occasionally lifting up to 60lbs without assistance is required. Visual requirements include color distinction, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust distance focus. Effort – Mental: Continuous mental and visual attention; usually repetitive work or diversified operations requiring constant alertness or activity. Working Conditions: The incumbent is exposed to any number of elements (dust, noise, heat, cold, chemicals, oil, vibration and fumes). At least one of these elements is continuously present and sometimes several of these elements are present.
How to Apply
Please use link to apply: https://us232.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/voyant/Posting/View/12772