Heat Treat Operator
• Demonstrate basic computer abilities, including: data input in Microsoft Excel, USPC, Oracle, Heat Treat Issue Program; operate other windows-based software used to control, monitor or record data
• Always use and wear required PPE
• Participate in all required plant trainings
• Record data on Abnormality and 4M log as required.
• Safely operate powered and unpowered trucks to transport, load and unload containers of parts.
• Use and verify hardness tester calibration
• Perform quality (hardness) checks and accurately record quality data
• Accurate time, production and scrap reporting. (both written and electronic)
• Operate equipment to achieve the specifications listed on the operation sheet and sign off when complete.
• Consistently produce a quality product that meets internal/external customer needs.
• Contain and report scrap as needed
• Maintain furnace log legibly and accurately
• Set, operate, adjust and monitor heat treat equipment and systems including: temperature controllers, flow meters, pressure gages, speed controllers, furnace control systems for pumps, skimmers, vibrators and motors
• Schedule furnace production per heat treat WPI
• Load and unload furnaces, occasionally moving containers by hand with assistance of rollers
• Perform washer fluid titrations and chemical additions
• Perform burnouts as scheduled
• Perform seasoning as scheduled
• Perform Operator PMs daily or more frequently, if required
• Monitor and maintain quench oil tank levels
• Operate Post Heat Treat NRB washer
• Turn furnace retorts during power outage
• Maintain VM and 5S standards, operating floor scrubber as necessary.
• Train new employees as necessary
• Participate in continuous improvement process (i.e. tanzakus, QC Circles, TPM activities, Intercompany workshop, etc.)
• Perform other duties as required by manager, supervisor or team leader
How to know if this opportunity is for you
working indoors, working with others, fixing things, working with equipment
18 years or older
have a valid driver's license, be able to pass a background check, be willing to participate in a Drug Free Workplace including passing testing
• High School diploma or GED • Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds • Must score at least in the 50th percentile on required testing. • Must tolerate temperature extremes up to 140 degrees for up to 30-minute intervals
How to Apply