What They Do
A Maintenance Technician routinely performs maintenance procedures; they also help troubleshoot and quickly repair any mechanical or electrical problems should they arise within their departments and support outside equipment.
Detail Oriented, Dependable, Initiative, Cooperation, Independence
*Source: Workforce Statistics & Economic Research, Occupational Employment Statistics and Wages Program (Maintenance Workers, Machinery)
- Auto Mechanics
- Agriculture Mechanics
- Machine Shop
During High School with an Industry Employer
- Automotive Repair
During High School
Prep or Tech courses at Technical College during High School
- Short-term Training
- On-the-Job Training
Registered Apprenticeship at a Company
- Registered Apprenticeship, on-the-job, and college
- On-the-job Learning
- Technical Certificates of Credit
- Technical College Credits in Maintenance-Related Topics
- Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing or Industrial Systems Technology
- Associated Degree in Advanced Manufacturing or Industrial Systems Technology
Get the latest news!
Unsubscribe at any time. We will not share your information with any third-party resources.